Eating is something we all have to do to live, but some people develop complex relationship with food. They may develop unusual eating habits which are serious mental health concerns, that is, eating disorders. Eating disorders change the way you think and behave, specially in relation to food and diet.
Often linked with depression, anxiety and low self-esteem, eating disorders are incredibly harmful both psychologically and physically.
- Binge eating disorder.
- Having a family history of eating disorders or depression.
- Having someone criticize your eating habits or your weight.
- Feeling pressure to stay slim for work or a hobby.
- Having certain characteristics, such as an obsessive personality or a tendency to be anxious.
- Experiencing upsetting events, such as a death or abuse.
- Relationship difficulties with friends or family members.
- Being under a lot of stress, for example at school or university.
Hypnotherapy helps you to deal with these disorders as it helps in going to the root cause and release the stress & improve self-esteem. Hypnotic state is used for giving certain triggers for developing a healthy relationship with food as well as healthy food habits. When the clients' mind accepts the picture of 'a perfect day' with eating food, they start resuming the normal eating routine.